3 Ways to Infuse Vinegar
Carosi’s tried-and-true DIY infusions
For a basic infused vinegar, each method calls for 56 grams cannabis and 4 cups vinegar.
- Decarboxylate your cannabis using a standard oven, canning jar or specialty machine method.
- Place decarbed flower into a canning jar with vinegar.
- Fill a slow cooker with 3 inches of warm water. Place the jar in the center and cover with lid. Set the temp to warm and leave it on for at least 12 hours, refilling the warm water as needed.
- Remove the canning jar from the water bath. Let it sit at room temperature for one week.
- Strain and enjoy.
Botanical Extraction Tech Method
- Using a specialty infusion device like MagicalButter or LEVO, fill the device with all of your ingredients. Set it and forget it.
- Strain after the cycle.
Mother Nature’s Method*
- Decarboxylate cannabis using a standard oven, canning jar or specialty machine method.
- Place decarbed flower and vinegar into a canning jar.
- Set on a windowsill for a month. Strain and use.
*Results won’t be as good as with some of the heated methods, but this is a reliable—and the oldest—method.
Recipes courtesy of Sebastian Carosi
Photography by Eva Kolenko
Food styling by Adam Pearson
Prop styling by Stephanie Hanes