Buttercup Squash Puree with Cotija Cheese
- 5 to 6 pounds buttercup squash, halved lengthwise, seeds scooped out
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Kosher salt, as needed
- 4 tablespoons cannabutter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- ¾ vegetable stock
- 1 cup cotija cheese, crumbled Lemon thyme, for garnish
On a parchment-lined baking sheet, drizzle squash with olive oil and season with salt. Roast the squash, flesh side down in a 425° F oven until tender when pierced with a knife, about 45 minutes.
Scoop out the flesh and pass the squash through a food mill or puree in a food processor until smooth. In a pot, melt the butters, add the squash, lemon juice and zest. Stir well, thin with the stock, season to taste with salt and transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese, garnish with thyme. Makes 8 servings, each about 17 mg THC.