Infused Rotisserie Fried Rice with Peas and Pea Shoots
Put that rice leftover from last night’s take-out to good use. Because it’s been refrigerated, the chilled kernels will puff up and separate. Just-made rice isn’t as cooperative.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided use
- 1 tablespoon shallot-infused canna oil*
- 3⁄4 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- 4 cups day-old cooked jasmine rice
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 rotisserie chicken, diced
- 3⁄4 cup fresh peas, blanched or frozen organic peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 cup pea shoots or microgreens
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black, as desired
In a large cast-iron saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable and canna oil and sweat onion and garlic for a few minutes on medium-low heat.
Add carrots and saute one more minute. Push ingredients to the side, increase heat to medium-high, crack egg and fry until egg whites are set. Push the egg to the side and add rice, breaking up kernels with your hands.
Add chicken and stir all remaining ingredients together. Heat through and correct seasonings with salt and pepper. Makes 4 servings, each about 16 mg THC using a 20 percent THC strain.