Rotisserie Lettuce Cups, Charred Ramps and Pistachios
You won’t miss the carbs with this kitchen hack, especially with the creamy herb dressing. If you pass on roasting the pistachios, no one will judge you.
- 1 cup pistachios, shelled (about 1⁄2 cup)
- 1 small rotisserie chicken
- 1 bunch ramps or bulb onions
- Olive oil as needed
- 1 pasteurized egg
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1⁄2 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chervil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallot-infused canna oil*
- 1⁄4 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- Flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, as needed
Heat oven to 350 F. Place pistachios on a baking sheet and roast, about 8 minutes. Cool completely and rub together to shake off the skin.
Pull meat from chicken and shred into bite-sized pieces; set aside. Toss ramps with olive oil, place on a sheet pan and broil until charred; cool. Halve bulbs if large and chop into 1-inch pieces. Slice the ramps or the tops of the bulb onions into 1⁄2-inch pieces.
Place egg, vinegar, shallot, herbs, lemon juice and salt into a blender and puree. With motor running, slowly add oils. Fold in creme fraiche and correct seasonings.
Separate lettuce leaves, placing two large doubled leaves among 4 plates. Evenly distribute chicken in the center of each leaf cup. Top with the ramps and pistachios, Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and season the salads with salt and pepper to taste. Reserve leftover dressing for another use. Serve the remaining vinaigrette on the side. Extra vinaigrette may be refrigerated up to 3 days. Makes 4 servings, each about 10 mg THC based on a 20 percent THC strain.
* Get the Shallot Infused Canna Oil here.