Carrot Steaks, Feta, Greens and Almonds
Be sure to start with big, fat carrots to pull off the steak look. That said, any vegetable that can be sliced into a “steak” can stand in for this quick dish (think sweet potato or eggplant.) Simply adjust the cooking time.
- 8 large, fat carrots, peeled
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot-infused canna oil*
- 2 tablespoons champagne or sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided use
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups packed mixed spring greens (1½ cups on each plate)
- 2 ounces feta
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted and lightly crushed
- Crispy shallots for garnish
Cut each carrot lengthwise in half, forming two pieces, and trim rounded sides so that each piece is flat on both sides like a rectangle. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the thicker carrots in a single layer first, cook for a minute and add thinner ones to sear, about 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon salt over the carrots. Turn them over, cover the pan, reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for about 5 minutes or until almost tender. Transfer to a plate.
Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining olive oil, canna oil, vinegar, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Place the mixed greens on four serving plates and top with carrots. Crumble the feta over the salads. Drizzle the vinaigrette on top and garnish with almonds and shallots left from making the oil. Makes 4 servings, each about 11 mg THC based on a 15 percent THC strain. *Use the search bar to find the recipe on this site.