Cannabutter-Braised Fall Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons infused butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and sliced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 cups packed shredded kale
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup apple cider
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- ½ cup unseasoned pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Preheat oven to 325 F. In a large Dutch oven, heat the infused butter and olive oil and saute onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the rutabaga, parsnip and sweet potato. Saute for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the shredded kale, paprika, turmeric, molasses and salt, stirring well.
Add the cider, vegetable stock, pumpkin puree, honey, cider vinegar and mix well. Cover and cook in the oven until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Makes 8 servings. THC depends on your infused butter. Ours has a potency of 34 mg THC per teaspoon, giving it 200 mg THC total, or 25 mg THC per serving.
Recipes by Laurie Wolf, author of numerous books and cookbooks, including “Cooking with Cannabis” (Quarry Books, 2016).