Frenchy Beans with Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 shallots, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 8 ounces haricot verts or slender young green beans, trimmed
- One 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained, liquid reserved
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced, divided use
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce CBD oil*
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Heat oven to 375 F. Pour olive oil into 6-inch cast-iron skillet; place over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add shallots and garlic. Transfer to oven; bake until shallots and garlic are golden, 20-25 minutes. Set aside.
Blanch green beans in salted boiling water until they begin to soften; 3-4 minutes. Drain; shock in ice water, drain again and pat dry. Cut into ½-inch pieces.
Mix white beans and half of reserved liquid, green beans, 2 tablespoons parsley, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Reserve at room temperature.
Put shallots, garlic and oil from pan into blender. Add CBD oil, vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon, remaining tablespoon parsley, and salt and pepper to taste; puree until smooth. Add to bean mixture; toss lightly. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving. Toss lightly and adjust seasoning.
*Get the recipe for CBD oil here.
Photography & styling by Paul Lowe