You’ll need ¼ ounce cannabis flower, 10½ tablespoons high-quality butter, distilled water, a French press, tea strainer and a deep pan or pot. Yield: 8 tablespoons, about 34 mg THC per 1 tablespoon based on a 15 percent THC strain.
- Clean and soak. Fill a French press with distilled water and add the cannabis. Soak for 24 hours.
- Plunge. Depress the plunger to separate weed from water.
- Rinse. Add distilled water to the drained weed, stir and strain into a large tea infuser.
- Blanch. Place the cannabis-filled tea strainer in simmering water for 5 minutes.
- Cool. Place cannabis into cold water and squeeze out excess water.
- Sort and dry. Remove any debris and break up larger pieces. Dry on a sheet tray overnight.
- Decarboxylate. Place sheet tray of cannabis into a preheated 300 F oven for 20 minutes.
- Cool and cover. Allow cannabis to cool under a sheet of foil so residual oils can settle.
- Simmer. Add cannabis and butter to the French press, lower the plunger to butter level and place in a pot filled with enough water to meet that line. Gently simmer for 3 hours.
- Strain. Press plunger to separate butter from cannabis.
- Use or store. Pour into a rectangular mold or store in a jar and keep refrigerated. Use within
Recipe by Jeff Danzer
Watch The 420 Chef make his trademark “light tasting” cannabutter here.