Cauliflower Bahn Mi
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 bunch carrots, peeled and julienned
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and thinly sliced widthwise
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- Medicated aioli, your choice
- 1 large baguette
- Cilantro and mint for garnish
Toss cauliflower with sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, fish sauce, lime juice and salt, and roast on a heated sheet tray in a 400° F preheated oven for 20 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the red wine vinegar, water, sugar and salt. Add carrots, cucumber, jalapeno, onion and herbs; marinate for at least 30 minutes.
To assemble the sandwiches, lightly toast the baguette. Spread medicated aioli on both sides. Add cauliflower florets on the bottom face and then top with pickled vegetables, cilantro and mint leaves. Slice into 4 pieces. THC depends on your aioli recipe.