Chia, Blueberry, CBD and Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- ¼ cup cannabis-infused almond milk, recipe follows
- ¼ cup regular almond milk
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1½ tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon black chia seeds
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Small handful chopped toasted pecans or walnuts
- Small handful raisins, dried cranberries or cherries, optional
Stir together almond milks, oats, yogurt, blueberries, maple syrup, chia seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla in mixing bowl until well combined. Cover container and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 5 days.
To serve, stir nuts and dried fruit into oat mixture. Eat cold or gently warmed. Makes 1 serving, about 69.3 mg THC based on a 15 percent strain.
To make cannabis-infused almond milk: Combine 32 ounces almond milk and 2 grams ground cannabis in the top of double boiler over simmering water. As soon as the mixture is very hot, reduce heat and cook gently for 15 minutes; do not boil. Cool and strain through a coffee filter into labeled jar. Refrigerate up to 4 days or freeze up to 6 months.Adapted from “The Cannabis Kitchen Cookbook,” by Robyn Griggs Lawrence, Skyhorse, 2015.