Garlic and Lemon Kale with Cannellini Beans and Pine Nuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Rind of 1 lemon, cut into thin strips
- 2 bunches kale, ribs removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cannellini beans, cooked
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cannabis-infused olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper or more to taste
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the shallot and saute until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and lemon zest and saute for another minute before adding kale and ¼ cupwater. Add beans, lemon juice, canna oil, salt, pepper and cayenne. Cook, stirring until all the kale has wilted and the water has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
Top with pine nuts and serve as a topping or bed for grilled or poached fish or chicken. Makes 6 servings, each about 10 mg THC.
Recipe by Cheri Sicard