Grilled New York Strip Steak with “Herb” Sauce
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh Italian parsley
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh mint
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup infused extra-virgin olive oil*
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 New York strip or boneless ribeye steaks, cut into 1¼ to 1½-inches thick
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Puree parsley, mint, garlic, infused olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste until smooth and pourable, adding small amount of water if needed. Reserve in container with tight-sealing lid.
At beach: Pat dry steaks, brush with uninfused olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook steaks on very hot grill until nicely charred. Turn and cook to desired doneness; total cooking time for medium-rare will be 7 to 10 minutes.
Transfer to platter; tent with aluminum foil. Let rest 5 minutes. Slice steaks; arrange on platter. Shake sauce; drizzle on meat. Makes 2 servings. Dosage depends on strain and amount of oil used.
Recipe courtesy of GFF Magazine