Grilled Zucchini with Infused Red Wine Vinaigrette, Pistachios, and Mint
- 3 tablespoons infused olive oil*
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Red Belly Honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large zucchini, trimmed, cut lengthwise into ⅓-inch planks
- 3 tablespoons toasted pistachios, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ cup arugula leaves
Whisk together infused olive oil and vinegar; add salt and pepper to taste. Reserve in small container with tight-sealing lid.
In large plastic food bag, mix uninfused olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and 2 grinds pepper. Add zucchini; seal and refrigerate.
At beach: Remove zucchini from marinade. In batches as necessary, cook on very hot grill, turning once, until zucchini is nicely marked and tender, 7 to 10 minutes total. Mound on platter; let stand 10 minutes. Add vinaigrette, pistachios and mint; toss lightly. Season to taste with salt; garnish with arugula. Makes 6 servings, each about 22.8 mg THC based on a 15 percent strain.
Adaptation of Niki Ford’s recipe for GFF Magazine reprinted with permission