Lobster Roll and Mash
- 6 fingerling potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo or Maras pepper
- 1 teaspoon fennel pollen
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dill, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons cannabutter, divided use for poaching
- 1½ pounds cooked lobster meat, cut into bite-size pieces*
- 8 New England style split-top hot dog rolls
Boil unpeeled potatoes in salted water until they are fork tender, 10 to 12 minutes after water boils. Drain well and return to pan. Use fork to coarsely mash. Add Aleppo pepper, fennel pollen, thyme, oregano, dill, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
Melt cannabutter in a medium saucepan. Remove and reserve 1 tablespoon cannabutter. To remaining butter in pan, add lobster; let stand, off heat, for 1 minute. Gently mix lobster into potatoes.
Brush sides of rolls with reserved butter. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add rolls; cook, turning once, until crisp and golden.
Fill each roll with potato and lobster salad. Makes 8 sandwiches, each about 17.2 mg THC based on a 15 percent strain.
*Meat from 8 small cooked lobsters
Recipe by chef Louis DiBiccari of create-boston.com