Peach Chili Sauce
- 5 red Thai bird’s eye chilies or 2 red jalapeno or serrano peppers
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1¼ pounds fully ripe peaches, peeled, cut into chunks
- ½ cup infused granulated sugar*
- ¼ cup white distilled or cider vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch stirred with 2 tablespoons water
With mortar and pestle or mini chopper, grind chilies and garlic to coarse paste with match head-size bits. Transfer to a 1-quart saucepan.
Puree peaches; add to pan. Whisk in infused sugar, vinegar and salt. Whisking often, heat to a gentle boil over medium heat; continue cooking until mixture thickens to coat a wooden spoon, 3 to 5 minutes.
Add cornstarch mixture; whisking constantly, cook 1 minute. Cool before serving. Sauce should be consistency of ketchup; add small amount of water if it is too thick.
Makes 2⅓ cups, about 13.5 mg THC per ⅓ cup serving based on a 15 percent strain.
Recipe courtesy of Leela Punyaratabandhu