Strawberry Lychee Trifles
If fresh lychees are not available, use canned ones.
- 12 ounces frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- ¼ cup cannamilk or THC tincture equivalent
- ½ loaf pound cake, store-bought
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled and quartered
- ½ pound lychees, pitted
- Shaved chocolate, as needed
In a medium saucepan, combine frozen strawberries and 2 tablespoons sugar, adding to meet desired sweetness. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add lemon juice and adjust sweetness; cool and mash any remaining strawberry lumps. Set aside.
Prepare pudding according to package directions using whole milk or half-and-half, but reduce milk by ¼ cup. Add cannamilk or tincture to equal 10 mg per 6 servings. Stir zest into pudding. Slice pound cake into 1-inch cubes. Halve fresh lychees; quarter canned ones since they tend to be larger.
To assemble, hold a clear 10-ounce glass cup at a slight angle and start with a layer of pudding. Add sauce followed by cake, strawberries and lychees (which can be found at Asian grocery stores. Repeat layers. Top with shaved chocolate. Makes 6 servings.