Loaded Vegan Nachos
- 2 cups soy milk
- 3-4 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce (from 7-ounce can)
- ¾ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1½ tablespoons garlic powder, divided use
- 1 tablespoon plus ½ teaspoon sea salt, divided use
- 1½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1¾ teaspoons onion powder, divided use
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1½ teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1½ teaspoons parsley, minced
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- One 8-ounce bag Butler Soy Curls
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons taco or fajita seasoning
- 8 ounces prepared salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon Tajin seasoning
- 4-6 cups restaurant-style tortilla chips
- 1 cup guacamole
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, minced
- ¼ cup canned pickled banana, Fresno or jalapeno peppers, sliced
In blender, combine soy milk, chipotles, nutritional yeast, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon salt, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard and ¼ teaspoon onion powder; blend until smooth. On low setting, slowly drizzle in 1 cup oil until thick and creamy; set aside.
In mixing bowl, combine remaining salt, garlic powder and onion powder with oregano, poultry seasoning and parsley; add boiling water, whisking to blend. Add soy curls; mix well, cover and let stand 15 minutes.
Heat large skillet over high heat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil, bell peppers and onions; cook, stirring, until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add soy curl mixture and taco seasoning. Cook over medium heat, stirring several times, until flavors are blended, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat; add salsa and Tajin.
Heat oven to 400 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; arrange tortilla chips on top. Cover with soy curl mixture and then soy milk-chipotle mixture. Bake until heated through, 10-12 minutes. Add guacamole, green onions, tomatoes, cilantro and pickled peppers as desired. Makes 4 servings. Serve immediately.