Ramen Carbonara, aka Carbonaramen
- Three 3-ounce packages ramen noodles, flavor packets reserved for other use
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided use
- 1 tablespoon cannabutter, melted, cooled
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces diced pancetta
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup minced fresh Italian parsley
Heat 5 to 6 cups water to boil in medium pan. Add noodles and cook, stirring, just until noodles separate, about 30 seconds. Drain, reserving cooking liquid; set aside.
Whisk together egg yolks, eggs, ½ cup Parmesan, cannabutter and ½ teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
Heat oil in a heavy Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add pancetta; cook, stirring, until browned. Stir in ½ cup reserved cooking liquid then add drained noodles. In slow steady stream, whisk ¼ cup cooking liquid into egg mixture. Add this back into Dutch oven; toss to coat. Continue cooking until sauce thickens and coats noodles, 2 to 3 minutes, adding more cooking liquid if sauce is too thick. Season with salt and additional pepper; sprinkle with parsley and serve at once. Makes 4 servings, each about 30 mg THC based on a 15% strain.
Photography by Matt Armendiaz