Raw Broccoli Soup with Cashew Cream
Peeling the stalks and using a powerful blender or food processor will help ensure a smooth soup. Also, plan ahead for the cashew cream; these raw nuts need a solid soak.
- 4 cups chopped broccoli, stalks peeled and trimmed
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup raw coconut
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, plus extra for garnish, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw cannabis leaves, plus extra for garnish, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cashew cream, recipe follows
Combine 2 cups water and all ingredients except the dill and cannabis leaves in the blender and process until smooth.
Periodically scrape down the sides of the blender, adding more water for desired consistency.
Divide the soup between 4 bowls, top with a dollop of cashew cream and sprinkle with the fresh dill and cannabis. Makes 4 servings.
To make cashew cream: Soak 1 cup raw cashews with 2 cups water at room temperature. After 12 hours, drain the liquid and transfer the nuts to a blender.
Add ½ cup water and blend until smooth; season with ½ teaspoon salt and grated zest of half of a small lemon.