Recipe: Medicated Lime Curry Chickpea Salad
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons CBD/hemp oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ medium bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- ½ cup parsley, leaves only, chopped
In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Stir and allow the flavors to marry at room temperature for 30 minutes. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
If you have leftovers, make hummus. Put all the ingredients in a food processor and slowly add olive oil while the motor is running. The amount depends on the quantity of the salad, so just add the oil slowly until you reach the desired consistency. Serve as crudites or with toasted pita bread.
Recipes courtesy of Laurie Wolf, author of numerous books and cookbooks including “Cooking with Cannabis” (Quarry Book, 2016).