Crostini with Mixed Mushroom Pate
- 2 pounds mixed mushrooms, such as enoki, cremini, shiitake and oyster, cleaned
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided use
- ½ cup white wine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup infused olive oil*
- 1 large baguette
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into chiffonade
In a food processor, finely chop mushrooms; set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Increase the heat, add 4 tablespoons butter and saute mushrooms on medium-high heat; do not stir.
After 2 minutes, stir and cook until the juices are absorbed.
Add wine; simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are dry, 25 to 30 minutes. Add remaining butter and salt and pepper to taste; remove from heat and stir in infused olive oil.
To serve, cut baguette into 24 slices. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and grill or toast. Scoop 1 heaping tablespoon on each piece of toasted bread; top with basil. Makes 24 servings at 15.2 mg THC based on a 15 percent strain.
*Get the recipe for infused olive oil here.