Photography by Eva Kolenko
Beet Crudo with Traditional Garnishes
- 2 or 3 large red beets
- 2 golden beets
- 2 tablespoons colatura or Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons thyme-infused canna oil
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced small
- ½ cup purple onion, diced small
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Peel beets and thinly slice like carpaccio, reserving ¼ of each color for dicing small. Layer sliced beets on a serving platter or four individual plates.
Whisk together colatura and red wine vinegar. Slowly whisk in olive oil and canna-oil to emulsify. Correct seasonings. Using a spoon, garnish beets with diced beets, eggs, onion and parsley. Drizzle with dressing, and add salt and pepper to taste. Makes 4 servings, each about 10 mg THC based on a 20 percent THC strain.