Cucumber and Carrot Salad with Citrus-Hummus Dressing
- ½ cup hummus, homemade or store bought
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided use
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon orange-scented CBD tincture
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cucumbers, washed
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1 head bibb or butter lettuce, cleaned, crisped, torn into bite-size pieces
- Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
Whisk together hummus, grapefruit juice, orange juice,2 teaspoons of lemon juice, cumin; stir in CBD tincture and salt and black pepper to taste; set aside.
Use a vegetable peeler to remove lengthwise sections of cucumber peel, creating striped effect. Cut into half lengthwise and spoon out seeds; cut cucumber into ½-inch pieces. Cut carrots diagonally into ¼-inch pieces. Toss vegetables with hummus dressing.
Arrange lettuce on serving plate; sprinkle with olive oil, remaining lemon juice, salt and Aleppo pepper. Mound vegetables in center and serve at once.
Makes 2 to 4 servings; THC depends on dosing of the infused olive oil.
Recipe by Laura Yee
Photography by Eva Kolenko