Photography by Eva Kolenko
Roasted King Crab Leg with Herb Hollandaise
- 2 pounds Alaskan king crab legs
- 1 cup quality olive oil
- 1 cup Caribbean seasoning, recipe follows
- 4 egg yolks
- Juice of 3 makrut lime leaves
- 7 tablespoons butter,
- 1 tablespoon cannabutter*
- ¼ cup Thai basil, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper, as needed
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- 4 limes, quartered
Cut halfway up the sides of each crab leg with scissors. Coat crab legs with oil and sprinkle with Caribbean seasoning. Place onto a sheet tray and warm in a preheated 250 F oven for 15 minutes.
Melt butters; set aside. Whisk yolks with lime juice in a bowl and place over a pot of heated water. Continue to whisk and slowly drizzle in butters until the sauce has thickened and doubled in volume. Stir in herbs, salt and pepper.
Transfer crab to serving platter, sprinkle with chives and pour ¼ of the sauce into 4 dipping bowls. Serve with lime quarters. Makes 4 servings, each with 11.5 mg THC based on a 20 percent strain.
To make Caribbean seasoning: Combine equal parts pepper, granulated garlic, granulated onion, ground thyme and powdered lemon peel plus a dash of allspice and a dash of cayenne.Recipe Betty Fraser