Root Beer Habanero Jerky
- ½ cup dark 151 rum
- 1/8 ounce decarboxylated cannabis
- 12 ounces good quality root beer
- 3 tablespoons green habanero hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
Put rum into small jar; add decarbed cannabis and mix well. Cover; let stand at least 4 hours, shaking occasionally. Strain.
In a zip-top bag, combine infused rum, root beer, hot sauce, salt, onion powder, pepper and garlic powder, mixing well. Add sliced meat, seal bag and refrigerate 24 to 28 hours, turning over several times.
Arrange meat on tray; dry in food dehydrator or 220 F oven until dry to the touch, 4 to 6 hours. Makes 8 servings, about 20 mg THC each based on a 15 percent strain.
Recipe by Cheri Sicard
Photography by Eva Kolenko