Sesame Ginger Soba Noodle Salad
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil, divided use
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced, divided use
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced, divided use
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ Fresno chili, seeds removed
- Kosher salt as needed
- 8 ounces buckwheat soba noodles
- 2 scoops Mondo (see page 14)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 handful cilantro leaves
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
In a blender, combine 2 tablespoons sesame oil, soy sauce, peanut butter, half the ginger and garlic, honey, lime juice, rice vinegar, chili, and salt to taste. Pour the sesame ginger dressing in a bowl and whisk in Mondo.
Cook soba noodles in salted boiling water according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and toss with remaining sesame oil. Refrigerate.
In a saute pan, heat oil and saute remaining garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add broccoli, mushrooms and pepper, and cook 2 minutes. Season with salt.
In a large mixing bowl, toss the noodles with the vegetables and dressing. Refrigerate 2 to 12 hours. To serve, divide among four bowls and garnish with sesame and hemp seeds, scallions, cilantro and carrots. Makes 4 servings, each about 2.5 mg THC.