Savory Black Pepper French Toast
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons infused half-and-half*
- 2 green onions, minced
- Pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 thick slices seeded multigrain bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided use
- ¼ cup crumbled fresh cheese, such as queso fresco
- ½ cup micro cilantro or basil
Crack eggs into baking dish large enough to fit both slices of bread. Whisk in half-and-half, green onions, salt and pepper. Add bread, pressing lightly with spatula; soak 15 minutes. Turn slices and repeat.
Place large skillet over medium heat. Warm briefly, then add half the butter. When melted, add bread. Pour any remaining egg mixture on top, pressing green onions into bread. When nicely browned, add remaining butter and turn to cook other side. Top with cheese and herbs; serve at once. Makes 2 servings, about 17 mg THC each, based on a 15% strain.
*Get the recipe for cannamilk here.
Recipe courtesy of Lorena Cupcake
Photography by Matt Armendariz
Food styling by Adam Pearson
Prop styling by Amy Paliwoda