Seared Scallops with Infused Coconut Cilantro Vinaigrette
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 2 cannabis leaves or 5 large basil leaves
- 1 small shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ small jalapeno, seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 1-inch piece ginger, grated
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup infused coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon CBD honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, plus ½ teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, as needed
- 4 watermelon radishes, thinly sliced on a mandolin or with a vegetable peeler
- Vegetable oil, as needed
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
Combine cilantro, cannabis leaves or basil, shallot, jalapeno, ginger, both types of coconut milk, honey, rice vinegar, half the lime juice, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a blender and process until smooth. Adjust seasoning with salt and lime juice if needed. Refrigerate.
Toss radishes with the remainder of the lime juice, fish sauce and olive oil. Add salt to taste; set aside. Remove the small side muscle from each scallop, pat dry with paper towels and add salt to both sides. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over high heat until smoky and sear scallops. Do not move the scallops until a nice brown crust forms, about 1 to 2 minutes. Turn them over and cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
Transfer to a platter or individual plates. Drizzle with vinaigrette and garnish with seasoned radishes and green onion. Makes 4 servings, each about 6 mg THC.