Strawberry Watercress Salad with Infused Strawberry Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup strawberries, roughly chopped, plus ¼ cup strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- ½ cup coconut vinegar or Champagne vinegar
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon Strawberry Cough-infused olive oil*
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, divided use
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup almonds, sliced
- 4 cups watercress
- ¼ cup crumbled sheep or goat feta cheese
Warm olive oil in small pan on medium-low heat. Add chopped strawberries and shallots; cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add vinegar, remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Transfer to blender; add mint, cannaoil, sea salt and pepper; puree until smooth.
Warm small skillet over medium heat. Add almonds; cook until golden brown, stirring constantly, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate; cool to room temperature.
Fill large bowl with cold water; add watercress. Let stand 10 minutes to rehydrate; dry thoroughly, ideally in salad spinner.
In salad bowl, combine watercress, almonds, cheese, sliced strawberries and kosher salt with ¼ vinaigrette; toss gently, adding more vinaigrette to taste. Remaining dressing can be refrigerated up to 3 days. Makes 4 servings, about 1.9 mg THC each, based on a 15 percent strain.
*Get the recipe for infused olive oil here.
Recipe courtesy of Jordan Wagman
Photography & styling by Paul Lowe