Tomato Crostini with Infused Olive Oil
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, cored, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, 2 minced, 1 halved, divided use
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons infused extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling*
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 loaf ciabatta or baguette bread, cut on a diagonal into ⅓-inch pieces
- ¼ cup packed fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
Combine tomatoes and minced garlic in large bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add oil and vinegar; toss to mix. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
Rub one side of bread with remaining garlic clove. Cut in half crosswise; lightly brush each piece with olive oil. Bake at 350 F until toasted, about 12 minutes.
Add basil to tomato mixture along with salt and pepper to taste; mix gently. Spoon onto toasted bread. Serve at once with a drizzle of olive oil. Makes about 12 crostini, about 3.8 mg THC each, based on a 15% strain.
Recipe courtesy of Aaron Keefer
Photography by Matt Armendariz
Food styling by Adam Pearson
Prop styling by Amy Paliwoda