Vegan, Gluten-Free, Low-Bake Flatbread
- 5 tablespoons raw organic olive oil
- 1 cup raw organic walnuts
- 1 medium yellow squash, chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 dates, pitted
- Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- ¼ cup ground golden flaxseed
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup red onions, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh broccoli, chopped
- ¼ cup shaved fennel bulb
- ½ medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 8 Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon capers, patted dry
- 2 raw organic macadamia nuts, grated
- 4-5 thin strips fresh ginger
- Pinch turmeric powder
- Cannabis-infused olive or avocado oil to taste*
For crust, combine 4 tablespoons olive oil, walnuts, squash, sweet onion, dates and pinch of salt into food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to bowl, stir in ground flaxseed; set aside to thicken, about 5 minutes. Spread on Teflex sheets or parchment paper to uniform thickness of ¼- to ½-inch. Place in dehydrator or 170 F oven for 12-24 hours, turning after 8 hours.
Meanwhile, combine Roma and sun-dried tomatoes, 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil, oregano, black pepper and sea salt in food processor; process to coarse puree.
Place crust on serving platter or board; add tomato sauce, spreading evenly to edges. Add arugula, red onions, broccoli, fennel, bell pepper, olives, capers, macadamias and ginger. Finish with sprinkle of salt and turmeric, followed by cannabis-infused oil. Makes 4 servings. Potency depends on the strain and amount of cannaoil used.
Get the recipe for Cannabis-infused olive or avocado oil here.
Recipe by Eric Cooper